Home    Trapping & Removal Svcs.    Metrowest Towns Served    PAC Regulations    About Us    Contact Us   

How soon can you come to my  house?

How much will this cost?

How do animals get in my attic?

Why not just set traps?

I have a bat in my bedroom, do you think there are more in my house?

What does 'exclusion' mean?

Caring for young wildlife

Can young wildlife be relocated?

Where can I purchase traps?


How do animals get in my attic?
Most animals get in through loose, damaged or rotted areas, such as soffits or vents. Raccoons have been known to tear a hole through the peak of roofs or enter through chimney(s). Smaller animals can squeeze into existing gaps no bigger than a pinky finger. Wildlife Animal Removal knows where to look for these trouble spots. Exclusions fix these problem areas.

Why not just set traps?
Traps are an effective way of removing unwanted animals, however, there is no way of knowing how many of those animals there are. An exclusion relies on the animals need to hunt or gather food, therefore, they must exit through an installed exclusion door. All animals must go out in order to survive. Traps are not 100% effective. 

What does the term exclusion mean?
An exclusion is a method used by Wildlife Animal Removal to remove wildlife from a house or building. This method is used in lieu of or in combination with trapping. It is the only way to ensure all of the animals are out. Installation of stainless steel chimney caps or stainless mesh wire also ensures they will stay out.

How soon can you come to my house?
Response time depends on the type of animal problem you are experiencing.  Each request is evaluated on an individual basis.  A phone call to
Wildlife Animal Removal (508-877-1140).

 How much will this cost?
That depends on the extent of the problem, the type of animal and the method used to remove the problem animal. We at Wildlife Animal Removal conduct comprehensive inspections to determine the animal involved, the areas of entry and the best method to get rid of the animal. The home owner is then given a complete quote and options available to them for removal. 

 I see a bat in my house, do you think there is more than one?
If there is a bat in your house, it is most likely there are more. Bats live in colonies or small families. It is very rare for a bat to enter your house through open windows or doors. Generally, they squeeze in through existing gaps and nest in walls and ceilings between the insulation and wall, ceiling or attics. If any member of the household came in contact with the bat, a doctor should be consulted. The incidence of rabies in bats is estimated to be very low, however, they do carry the disease. Do not attempt to catch the bat yourself. Also, do not swat the bat with anything. This can cause blood or urine to spray from the bat. Wildlife Animal Removal is trained to capture these animals. NOTE:  If you experience any similar situations and you believe a bat has been flying around the interior portions of your home, the bat must be caught and not released and professional opinion must be obtained for your own safety.

Capturing a wild animal and releasing it in another area of Massachusetts is prohibited by law.  Rabies is spreading throughout the eastern United States.  Moving animals from one area to another helps spread this disease to new areas.  Relocated animals often return to where they were born, trapped and caught.  Squirrels, raccoons and other wildlife can return 5, 10 or even 15 miles to get to their original locations.

In the spring newborn wildlife arrives.  They soon go out into the world on their own.  Sometimes people think these young animals are orphaned and helpless and need to be saved, taking them in to care for them.  This is when all problems arise as those acts often have the opposite results.  People quickly realize they do not know how to care for the animals and wildlife can perish as a result. 

Where can I purchase Traps
Traps are available for purchase.  They will be the appropriate trap for the animal to be caught.  If you wish, they can be delivered and set up for a charge.  You will be responsible for arrangements for disposal.  Contact us by eMail or by phone:  508-877-1140 for more information